Labels



February 11, 2008

THE WATCH. Missing Pieces 1.

Let's talk about LOST!  MISSING PIECES 1. THE WATCH



{Jack is throwing rocks into the ocean; wearing sunglasses}

Christian- "Whatcha doin there, kiddo?" {the camera turns to show Christian walking towards Jack on a beach. They are in front of the hotel}
Jack- "Just throwing rocks."
Christian- "Good! It's good you get all that rock throwing out before you get married."
Jack- "Well, it was either this or being inside with Sarah and the wedding planner figuring out where all the flowers go".
Christian- "Wise choice. Listen, before tonight, before...before things get crazy, I wanted to give you something. This was my dad's and I just- I thought it would only be fitting".
{Christian pulls a watch out of a white handkerchief}
Jack- "I've never seen you wear it before"
Christian- "Well, that's because I never did. Your grandfather... didn't really like... your mother. You know, he thought marrying her was a mistake. He told me- to my face- that, the day that I got married. And then he gave me this watch. So I never wore it".
Jack- "Dad, Are you trying to tell me something?"
Christian- "Unlike me, You have made the absolute right choice."
Jack- "Thank you."
Christian- "Oh here, it's yours."
{Jack puts watch on.}
Jack- "I guess this is really happening, huh?"
Christian- "Oooh, as soon as they arrange those flowers and you run out of rocks."
Jack- "Well there's a lot of rocks out here."
Christian- "Would you do me a favor? If you and Sarah ever have a kid, try to treat him a little better than I treated you."
Jack- "No pressure, right?"
{Jack's sunglasses are on}
Christian- "I'll see you inside, kiddo."
Jack- "Yeah"
Christian- "OK?"
Jack- "Yeah".

Vocabulary
Word of the day: WATCH
1).  A watch is a small clock for wrist or pocket.
2).  Act of guarding or observing
3).  A period of guard duty
4).  Keep vigil

* Is this Mobisode literally about a watch, a timepiece OR the act of watching, guarding, observing?
* Although we know that there are "TIME" issues with the "Island" and also the possibility of "time/space travel", in addition to that I see another connection to the guarding and watching over the "Island".
* Who is sent to the "Island" to watch over it?
* Are they all part of the guarding of the "Island" in some capacity?
* Do they take turns watching over the "Island"? Did Christian at one time guard the "Island"? Or is he still watching?

Also note the other clue words here.  Are they clues to the "Island" itself? The Black Rock? Flowers/Orchids? Reproduction? Time moving different on the "Island"? Time changes?

Well there it is…The first of the Mobisodes. All we can do is wait, watch, see if they tie into other clues!

OMG! I MISS LOST!!!!!!

Posted on MySpace November 13, 2007.

abc.com video.

Disclaimer: I never claim to know everything about the show and my thoughts by no means make me right! The things I share here are my views and/or opinions. I don't claim to catch every single detail either! You all know I hate spoilers and I stand clear of reading certain sites as to not take me off my own course of research. The one thing I don't need to do here is rehash all of the obvious clues from an episode, we all know what they are. Understood? Good! Let the fun begin! I'll only note things that I know come up as clues later, but need to be noted when they first show up and things I find that will be of importance! It will get very exciting as we progress into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.