Labels



May 23, 2010

They Don't Call it "Obsession" for Nothing!

My dear LOST friends,
I have been trying to gather my strength to put together my LOST thank you. Maybe deep down I know when I did put it together I'll have to accept the end of this story and I simply don't want to.
You have been so kind to let me share my LOSTNESS with you for the past six seasons. I've truly and wholeheartedly enjoyed every minute of it.  I have been telling everyone "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."   But I can't seem to practice that statement just yet.

I'm sure you don't even realize it but you have all touched my life. Over the years you have shared your artistic talents with me in creations of your LOST art, pictures, videos, music, fan fiction, articles, blogs and podcasts.  Early on you literally taught me how to use photo editing programs so that I could start creating my Silly LOST Pictures that I would lovingly share with all of you. You made me feel special with all the comments, created image comments and greetings, messages, emails and the many gifts you have sent my way.   Thank you all for this amazing experience!

Thank you to all who visit my notes despite the fact I am not a writer!

I need to thank my family. I love you more than life itself.  Thank you for putting up with all of this. This LOST journey helped my personal growth in so many ways and I hope you can see that. Remember when the hurricane hit in 2004 you had me use Jack's count to five method to let the fear go.  We literally had just learned it!  Who would have known I'd have to utilize it more than a few times.  The LOST story has brought me so much joy.  In the end the only thing that really matters is that we truly love each other.

To Brian Quain: Who would have guessed that a few years ago (and a few days before your wedding to sweet Vanessa), that some nutty stranger would chat on the phone with you about LOST. I had a total blast doing the LOST Book Club podcasts with you. Look at where it brought us in our personal lives.

To The ODI LOST podcast (Anil) and Vozzek69 (Danny): What can I say that we haven't already shared in our "off air" conversations about our getting together. Thank You for letting me be part of the podcast and for your constant support. And for respecting and making sure I wasn't privy to any spoilers...ever!!

To everyone on Team LOST: the creators, the writers,and producers, directors, editing-post team, crew and cast.  Thank you for this amazing story and adventure.   My entire LOST journey and experience goes way beyond the simple enjoyment of a TV show and its music and you all already know that. You extended yourselves beyond the words on a page, the images on the screen and music notes on a staff. You have changed my life, renewed my hope and showed me I’m not too old to believe in a “magic box”.

Thank you to the many people who have included me on their websites, interviews and podcasts.

The one thing I didn't want to do was leave any of You, my LOST friends, out of my "thank you".  I feel terrible that I couldn't mention all of you individually.

Over the past six seasons our lives had a journey of their own. Many of you got engaged, married or even divorced, had babies, graduated, got a new job or lost a job, battled an illness and/or beat the shit out of one, welcomed new friends and family into your lives and maybe even lost someone. We have lived many of these moments together all because a TV show called LOST acted as a magnet and pulled us all together.

My obsession is NOT coming to an end. I will try to find a way to carry on my LOSTNESS (and the blog of course), as long as there are LOST topics to write about. Who knows...maybe there's a book in my future. lol
But let's face it... I'm not good at letting go and that's the truth, it's not just a line from Jack.
One other truth is that LOST totally changed my life and my life will never be the same. Yes, all aspects of my life even down to my ringtone (which is You All Everybody) and the fact that I only play 4-8-15-16-23-42 in the weekly lottery. Believe me, there are many other fun LOST bits and serious LOST bits that are incorporated into my daily life.
LOST gave me purpose for six seasons. Although technically after I post my notes for the finale I won't have a purpose any longer. I don't know where the path leads, what purpose my life will have or where my destiny lies.

It's been such an amazing adventurous journey for me on so many levels. My common sense knows all good things must come to an end. After all, “Nothing is permanent.”
I have to believe that it will make way for a new wonderful enlightening and magical experience.

Life is a continuing journey. I hope your journey is filled with happiness, good people, purpose, hope, love and all the things that lead you to fulfilling your destiny. Life is what you make it.

I am so happy and honored that LOST brought us all together and now it's our responsibility to nurture that seed. We may live far apart but the world of instant communication can keep us together; as well as a possible meet up or reunion here and there.
I'm not going anywhere!  "Live Together, Die Alone."

Please know my life is much fuller having known you.
Much love and great appreciation,

Love to all who are "LOST"™
~Karen Shortcake Mauro~

Special Thank you to all of you who supported my LOSTNESS and encouraged Karen's LOST Notebook to be here:
All my friends over at MySpace, Facebook and Twitter.
Jeff Jensen-Entertainment Weekly
DarkUFO-Andy, G-Man.
Doc Arzt-Jon Lachonis
Jopinionated  -Jo Garfein
Steve and Matt from The Smoke Hatch. These two wonderful guys were the ones who brought me into the podcasting world. I will be forever grateful for not only that but for their continuing friendship and support.
Jacob's Cabin
Heath's World
It's about Bunnies
Ryan and Jenn Ozawa- The Transmission
Jay and Jack- The Jay and Jack Show
Clifton Armstrong
The Four Toed Foot
The Official LOST Fans on MySpace
LOSTblog
The Lostaholics
Melissa Carmichael for your constant love and support.
Rebecca Jean- For your creative photos and giving me the title- Queen of LOST
Sawyer840
Billy Ray Gallion
Linda and Jeff Hamilton
Jason and Claudine
Erin- Loster21
Jon Barand for always including me in all things LOST!
Ronald Rahman
Jim DeSantis- MovieBrainRot
Stuart Kiczek for giving me a shout out at 2009 comic con and so much more.
Rob Wense for that wonderful poster and so much more.
Revered Milo shout out at Gallery1988 video feed.
Jamie Brown for his artistic wonderfulness to my site and so much more.
Rick from Famous Faces Comics. You know why!
Erika Olson-LongLiveLocke
Kerri Healy King for bringing me some beach camp sand!
Elena David for the many interviews and support.
George Stulak, Stephen Fry, Angela Dixon, Felicia Mayle, Terrance S. Ellington, Melissa Hernandez, Levi Muller, Swampy, Julie and Mark Phillips, Lynn, Doug, Nick Rizzo, Techno Prep, Susan Lee Smith, Bonnie Green, Mary Jane Carpenter-Lottery Ticket, Alice Linn-ComixGuru, Amy-Aohora, Tony Tamayo, Mike Fish, Carlos Damien, Papa Tim, Mindy Wadlington Wiggins, Monica Southworth, Mister Payne, Kelly Delatorre Mackoy, Megan Minieri, Jonine Woods, Amanda Hogan, David Rambo, Sean Douglass, Dustin Watchman, Chris Candella, Notlost, Black Swan

These slide shows are not here for self indulgence, they are here to share in all the things that we all shared in through the years. Includes: Meeting other LOST fans, art you've sent me, Silly LOST Pictures I created, and other special LOST moments.


My LOST Thank you from Karen Mauro on Vimeo.

Here's a great clip/ad created by my friend Vivid Jame. I did the voice over.
It ended up giving us a hint to Ben and Hugo teaming up on the "Island" after
the MIB-Jack battle!


By: Stephen Fry


Jay and Jack interview at the LOST Premiere-Sunset on the Beach 2010.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you are amazing Shortcake...that made me cry. It has been MY pleasure getting to know you over these past few years, and I plan on having you in my life forever. LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww! Karen! You're so sweeeeeeeeet! Thank you SO much for your pure enthusiastic passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Karen, great post and thanks for the shoutout.

    Enjoy the finale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words. And a giant THANK YOU for all of your unbelievable hard work and dedication to your incredible blogs for adding so much more to the LOST experience over the years for so many people. Your brilliant insight and countless hours of writing have turned my favorite TV show of all time into so much more than that. LOST has affected my life in so many ways, but more than anything else, it's your positive attitude that brings so many fans together to compare theories, favorite characters or even argue about such a giant experience that's well beyond just a TV show.

    I am so honored to know you and your wonderful family and I know our friendship will continue well beyond the six year span of this show.
    Thanks again for all that you do. I can't wait to see your take on the finale.

    Rick Shea
    Famous Faces & Funnies
    West Melbourne, FL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is sad having to let go of something we all enjoy so much. But there is always the loop. So happy that you were able to experience so much LOST travel this year. The island has been calling me. Damn college tuition for my daughter. Now that LOST is over my cousins friend will be working on the new pirate's movie. Not the same as LOST. LOST will truly be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been my constant throughout this whole Lost experience! I would have never thought when I was answering a stupid Myspace quiz, that I would meet a lifelong friend! Now we just have to meet face to face! LOL
    I Love You Karen and will never be able to thank you enough for all the help you gave me putting all the Lost pieces together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was an honor to go on this journey with you.
    ~Debby~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Karen,

    I knew I would miss LOST a lot, but didn't know it would get me like it has!! I miss it soooooo very much!! Feel like myu best friend just moved to Siberia or something!! I do know that this will change, and will take the MAGIC that LOST has taught me and do something GREAT with it!! It is without a doubt the greatest creative thrill I have ever witnessed!! I LOVE LOST!! Thank you for being my friend!! You are so very appreciated Shortcake!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.