Labels



April 11, 2008

OPERATION SLEEPER. MISSING PIECES 5.

Let's talk about LOST! Missing Pieces 5: Operation Sleeper



{Jack is asleep. He wakes up. Juliet puts her finger up, "Shhhh".}

JULIET- "It's OK."
JACK- "What happened?"
JULIET- "We need to talk, Jack."
JACK- "OK."
JULIET- "Ever since I got here, the people in your camp, Sayid, Sawyer, they don't trust me. They think that I am here to hurt them. And it's only a matter of time before they figure out..."
JACK- "I'm not going to let anything happen to you."
JULIET- "Thank you. Please let me finish. It's only a matter of time before they figure out that they're right."
JACK- "What?"
JULIET- "They shouldn't trust me. I'm still working for him, for Ben. He sent me here to study the women to find out which ones were pregnant."
JACK- "Why?"
JULIET- "So we can take them. He promised me no one would get hurt."
JACK- "He promised you?"
JULIET- "Listen, Jack."
JACK- "How could you? I thought- that you were one of us. I saw it. You wanted to get on that submarine as bad as I did."
JULIET- "But I didn't get on it. And neither did you. Just… I guess I thought that it was actually going to happen. That we would get off this island. I was naive to think that he would let us."
JACK- "Let us? Ben was in a wheelchair. Locke blew up that submarine."
JULIET- "Did he? "
JACK- "So you're only here because he sent you here?"
JULIET- "Yeah."
JACK-" Why are you telling me this now?
JULIET: Last night we saw, we saw the baby growing inside her. If she's still on this island in about a month, both of them will be dead. I've been living Benjamin Linus's dream for three years. Three years. It's time to wake up.



Great Mobisode!
I've never been more happy about seeing my work with these notes/blogs start to show some reward with my notes. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I NOTED ALL THE BOLD WORDS SUCH AS SLEEPING AND WAKE UP IN ALL THE NOTES.
When I saw that tie into this Mobisode I cried I was so damn happy!
Juliet and Jack's dialog here reminds me of when we are dreaming, how words/sentences seem a little "confused" or even sound like they're in code sentences.   Even though Juliet is "sharing" things with Jack, this dialog seem almost dreamlike.

* Why does Juliet specifically name Sawyer and Sayid?
* "One of us"
* Why would Ben think there would be multiple pregnant women in the camp?
* The pregnant women- Take them where?
* Ben doesn't keep promises!
* Juliet is still working for Ben. Is she getting paid? Is there a great retirement plan?
* Who didn't let them get off the "Island"... Really?
* Who blew up the submarine...Really? 
* Who is Juliet really telling to "WAKE UP"?

Vocabulary and Research...
-Sleep is the natural state of rest observed throughout the animal kingdom. Many scientists believe that memory depends on sleep.
-Sleeper is a spy.
-A dream is an experience of a sequence of images, sounds, ideas, emotions, or other sensations usually during sleep especially REM sleep. The events of dreams are often impossible, or unlikely to occur, in physical reality: they are also outside the control of the dreamer. The exception to this is known as lucid dreams, in which dreamers realize that they are dreaming, and are sometimes capable of changing their dream environment and controlling various aspects of the dream. The dream environment is often much more realistic in a lucid dream, and the senses heightened.
-Dream incorporation is a phenomenon whereby an external stimulus, usually an auditory one, becomes a part of a dream, eventually then awakening the dreamer.
- The theory of déjà vu dealing with dreams indicates that the feeling of having previously seen or experienced something could be attributed to having dreamed about a similar situation or place, and forgetting about it until one seems to be mysteriously reminded of the situation or place while awake.

-A submarine is a watercraft that can operate underwater. The term submarine most commonly refers to large unaided vessels, however historically or more casually, submarine can also refer to medium sized or smaller vessels, (midget submarines, submersibles, wet subs) or robots. The word submarine was originally an adjective meaning "under the sea".
The first sub with reliable information on its construction was built in 1620 by Cornelius Jacobszoon Drebbel, a Dutchman in the service of James I of England. It was built to the standards of the design outlined by English mathematician William Bourne the inventor of the submarine.


When I think of lucid dreams or waking dreams, I think of a classic story that is all about that very subject. A little story by Charles Dickens called A Christmas Carol!
Waking Dream. WOW!

Love to all who are "LOST" ™

Posted on MySpace 12/5/07

Disclaimer: I never claim to know everything about the show and my thoughts by no means make me right! The things I share here are my views and/or opinions. I don't claim to catch every single detail either! You all know I hate spoilers! And I stand clear of reading certain sites as to not take me off my own course of research. The one thing I don't need to do here is rehash all of the obvious clues from an episode, we all know what they are. Understood? Good! Let the fun begin! I'll only note things that I know come up as clues later, but need to be noted when they first show up and things I find that will be of importance! It will get very exciting as we progress into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.