Labels



April 11, 2008

TROPICAL DEPRESSION. MISSING PIECES 9.

Let's talk about LOST! Missing Pieces 9: Tropical Depression.


{Arzt is chasing a bug with a jar. He is wearing his neckerchief type thingy around his neck.}

ARZT-"I have my eyes on you. You have your eyes on me ... HA!" {He bends down and traps a bug in a glass jar} "HaHaHa!"

{Michael approaches. He has a backpack}

MICHAEL-"Doctor Arzt! Yo! Doctor Arzt! Hey. What's the weather going to be like for tomorrow?"

ARZT-"Uh, tomorrow, ummm ... I don't know"

MICHAEL- "What?"

ARZT- " I'm not a meteorologist. I'm just a high school science teacher.  All that stuff I said about monsoon season, I made it up."

MICHAEL- "What do you mean you made it up?"  {Michael wants to get up, but reluctantly stays to hear Arzt's story}

ARZT-"I fell in love with a woman from Australia. I met her on the Internet.  We chatted with each other for about a year.  I saved all my and I flew down to Sydney. I shouldn't have used my buddy Nick's picture okay, I admit that. I said that. I said that I was sorry. I thought we were beyond that, so it made no difference. That we were really connected."

MICHAEL- "Mmm" {Michael being polite}

ARZT- "So I get to Sydney, and I see her and she looks so beautiful.  I took her out to the nicest restaurant I could find.  We order the lobster. Then she friggen disappeared.   Never came back to the table. They wouldn't even let me give the lobster back! {Michael wants to get up and leave, but Arzt continues his story and Michael stays}

ARZT- "That's not the worst part. Not the worst part. The worst part is, I could have just hung out. Sydney. Doin the bar scene? You know what I did? I booked an early flight out. Oceanic flight 815."

MICHAEL- "You know what? I- I would really love to feel sorry for you and all. But you know, take a look around. Everybody on this beach has got a story just like yours. Do you think any of us wanna to be here?"

ARZT- "I know nobody does. I'm really sorry that I lied about the weather."

MICHAEL- "It's okay. The raft is finished.  We're getting out of here. We're going to bring back help."

ARZT- "You are! I know you are! I know you are! And I am going to be the first one on the beach waving 'hello' when you get there."

MICHAEL- " Okay, man, take care." {Michael walks away}.



GREAT MOBISODE!
* I thought Arzt was frickin' married!!
* Arzt saying he lied... Did he? Or does he play games like the Others; speaking Bull Shit, but somewhere in there is the truth?  Was Arzt's role to have the raft depart when it was supposed to?
* Everybody on the "Island" does indeed have a similar story. The how and why they are "connected" to the "Island".
* "No Worries" is a term familiar with people who live in the Islands. Island life.
* When Arzt says, "And I am going to be the first one on the beach waving 'hello' when you get there." Go back and re-read that line! Is Arzt going to be at another/different beach waving at Michael????
* Could the word depression be giving us a clue, a tie if you will, to Santa Rosa? Or a clue to something being below/sunken, etc.
* I'm sure we'll need to find out the importance of "jars".


Let's explore! Let's learn. Weeeeeeeee!!
Living in Florida and having lived through a few major hurricanes, I can tell you this...A tropical depression is a system that develops an eye in the center.  The depression can grow into a much greater storm. The eye develops due to the low atmospheric pressure.  If the system grows, the eye remaining in the center, and the system swirling around it, you get a 'cone' effect. There's another clue I think will come into play, "Cone".
The storm is in full force all around the eye, leaving the eye clear of clouds, rain, thunder, major winds, etc.
Tropical depressions that progress into a GREAT storm are known as Hurricanes here on the east coast. Other parts of the world call them Typhoons, Cyclones, Monsoons. There are also time of the year factors that contribute to the forming of such storms.

Arzt uses the word monsoon. The English name Monsoon, was derived from the Arabic word mausim meaning seasons.
* Depression in geology is a land form sunken or depressed below the surrounding area. Depressions may be formed by various mechanisms, and may be referred to by a variety of technical terms. An impact crater is a depression created by an impact such as a meteorite crater. * Depression in physiology and medicine refers to a lowering, in particular a reduction in a particular biological variable or the function of an organ. It is in contrast to elevation.
* Depression of the central nervous system of an animal may be expressed as drowsiness or sleep, lack of coordination and unconsciousness.
* Bug: Hemiptera is an order of insects, comprising around 80,000 species of cicadas, aphids, plant hoppers, shied bugs, and others.
* BUG: A covert listening device, more commonly known as a bug, is usually a combination of a mini radio transmitter with a microphone. The use of bugs, is a common technique in espionage.
* The Volkswagen Type 1, more commonly known as the Beetle, is an economy car produced by the German auto maker Volkswagen from 1938 until 2003.
* A bug in poker is a limited form of wild card.
* A computer BUG.
* A pathogen (Greek pathos (suffering/emotion) and gene (to give birth to)) or infectious agent is a biological agent that causes disease or illness to its host.
* The Arachnids (known as Bugs) are a fictional alien race from the movie Starship Troopers. Note that the bugs in the movie differ considerably from those in the novel on which it is based.
* The butterfly effect is a phrase that encapsulates the more technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory. Small variations of the initial condition of a nonlinear dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system. So this is sometimes presented as esoteric behavior, but can be exhibited by very simple systems. The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that ultimately cause a tornado to appear (or prevent a tornado from appearing). The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale phenomena. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different.



You're wondering why I gave a description of the butterfly effect here with this Mobisode. I know it must seem really out of context, but you all know I never let go of a clue unless it is proved it does not pertain to our story. So this clue word stays….for now.

Eye of the storm and cone of the storm. Tropical storm...is it only telling us about Arzt's inability to predict the weather?  Maybe this Mobisode could possibly be showing us that there is an event about to happen that will cause changes in other events on the "Island".
A storm is coming, indeed!

Love to all who are "LOST"™

Original MySpace Post 1/1/08


abc.com Video. 

Disclaimer: I never claim to know everything about the show and my thoughts by no means make me right! The things I share here are my views and/or opinions. I don't claim to catch every single detail either! You all know I hate spoilers! And I stand clear of reading certain sites as to not take me off my own course of research. The one thing I don't need to do here is rehash all of the obvious clues from an episode, we all know what they are. Understood? Good! Let the fun begin! I'll only note things that I know come up as clues later, but need to be noted when they first show up and things I find that will be of importance! It will get very exciting as we progress into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.