Labels



December 31, 2009

Do Over.

PLEASE NOTE: These notes were posted over at MySpace for the Season 4 premiere.

Let's talk about LOST! DO OVER!

Could contain spoilers! {Although I don't do spoilers}

I have not taken my notes for the episode yet.

Where do I begin?  My head is still reeling from 'The Beginning Of The End', the awesome mobisodes and find815!
This nine month hiatus was terribly long; although toward the end of our wait we had a few things to keep us busy.  I will not go into detail of Find815, but I will share a bit of our reveal.

I've decided to put a few thoughts down regarding our Season 4 opener.  I will not give my usual full episode clue detail here, as that will come when I get to that episode after I tie up Season 3.  But I will note a few things of interest that jumped out at me.

Let's see how things are fitting together….

FIND815: Lots of fun! Of course I love detective work so this was right up my alley. In short, Sam was on a search to find Oceanic flight 815.  His partner/girlfriend was a passenger. He kind of cons his way on to a boat in hopes of finding the Black Rock.  One thing that excited me very much was we had to use 'clue words' {gee!} One of the first clue words we had was 'PLATE'.  In my notes I did indeed bold type the word 'PLATE' for us.  So here it was!   Proof I was on the right track with that. The word 'PLATE' led us to plate tectonics and the Sunda Trench.
Sam discovers deep under the water the wreckage of Oceanic flight 815.
How long has that wreckage been down there?
That is not where our story or clues end. Not by a long shot!

Sam watches an interview on TV with Mr. Talbot. In that interview Sam realizes it's one hell of a coincidence that he 'found' Oceanic flight 815; No coincidence at all! Smart man!
So, he was 'allowed' to make that discovery, most likely because it would help the 'powers that be' still have a chance for their 'real secret' to be kept completely hidden from the world!!!

On to very brief notes for "The Beginning of The End."
I loved it. I laughed and I cried. It was wonderful to see new things. But you all knew I'd have to make mention of a few things…
* The number 6
* The Best of 7 (game)
* Chess
* Connect 4
* Ben on a leash like a 'dog'
* Choosing sides.
* Cannon Ball
* Randy Nations videotaping Hurley's red Camaro police chase!
* Ho Ho's. H-O- (rse)
* There are images, subliminal and blatant to the "Island" in the "Flashes".
* The 2 WAY MIRROR a big clue to them being watched.

Let's start with…
When are these "Flashes" from? Really?
Hurley, one of the Oceanic 6, leads police on a chase after apparently running away from 'Charlie' in a convenience store (Ho Ho's and slushy).
He is taken 'downtown' and meets the detective who used to be bitch Ana Lucia's partner. I wonder if her mother is still the Captain.  Hurley sees a hooded figure swimming behind the 2 WAY MIRROR of the interrogation room.   On the hand is written "They need you."
The police chase itself… ends conveniently in front of a camera ready Randy Nations! Are you fucking kidding me?!  Randy, Hugo's boss, employee, John's manager, now what is he?

Hurley sees a cabin/shanty. He also sees 'Christian' and another 'being' in the cabin. Hurley can also 'wish' it away!  That makes Hurley pretty special then, doesn't it?

Hurley sees 'Charlie'.  Apparently 'Charlie' can be seen by other people too.  Charlie doesn't look like a ghost "Charlie".  He has a new hair doo and wears cool sunglasses. It would be nice to see that "ghosts" keep up with fashion!

Matthew Abaddon: Yeah, nice play on words there. Here he pays a visit to Hurley in a mental institution. He makes an offer to Hurley.
What we're seeing here is another ploy of people having to choose a 'side'!   Golden Ticket! Damn IT! I want one! lol!   He's in Santa Rosa!  So, WHEN IS THIS "FLASH" REALLY FROM?!
We must note the chess game and the "Island" themed art on the board, ladybug and the word Victory in one of the drawings/paintings.

Hurley is in the yard when he talks to 'Charlie'.  He is painting a picture referencing the 'COLD' {Eskimo, Igloo for sure!}
Michael drew a picture for Walt…It was of a penguin and igloo, if I remember correctly.  So what is the clue or hint here to the 'COLD'?   Listening station perhaps?   A 'Cold' geographical place?  The North?   Maybe we need to head to the North Pole and visit Santa Clause! Hehehe!

Hurley and Jack play basketball; They play HORSE. This whole scene was FRIGGIN' IMPORTANT! I' can't wait to detail it!
Jack wonders if Hurley is going to tell. "Tell" what exactly?   {By the way, in Everybody Hates Hugo, Jack is concerned if Hurley told anyone other than Rose about the hatch-And Hurley did.}
Hurley tells Jack maybe they should go back. The island will do whatever it takes to bring them back, etc… Never say Never!

Jack would have killed Locke! That fucking blew my mind! What is up with him? Shouldn't Jack be happy with 'going home'.  Why not just let Locke go live his life in the jungle?  Why kill him?

"100 years!" -Jack's quote! That is tremendously important. Is it possible they all have been 'together' for 100 years?...

Desmond never tells anyone he saw Penny on the monitor before Charlie closes the door in the looking glass hatch. Why?  I find this important! Plus, whose side did he end up with? Hmmm? Oh yeah, his OWN side!!

There's SO much more, I can't wait to detail it!

So... Real Events? {No}
Flash-Forward? Flash-Back? "Island" Hallucination? Think about it!!!
Beside that, "Flashes", not in time order! If they keep going back to the "Island" then all of the "Flashes" could potentially be from different "Island" times, different "outside world" times and may be just another level!

Christian is not Jacob. Charlie dead? Ha, Not! What does dead mean when it's tied to the "Island"? Charlie was removed {or moved on} from the playing field, or the chess board, if you will.
Or, just for argument sake, could Hurley be seeing 'Charlie' from a different time.  Remember, I think they all know each other.  They would have to, especially if they keep ending up back together.

I'm shifting gears here…
We all have thoughts on who is in the casket in the Season 3 finale. I am so mad at myself for not being able to have finished transcribing my Season 3 notes in time for Season 4; because my mind wants to move forward on clues.  But it is important to me to keep all episodes in order so we can see if there is clue continuity.  But I will jot this down: Michael in the casket is an awesome and very logical possibility, I agree- But it also could be anyone. It makes me not sleep at night! Hehehe.

I don't know why this came to my mind, but here it is… I'm not counting out someone we haven't really met or gotten to know yet…'Lapidus', Frank Lapidus.  His name was brought up in Find815. I believe we may find he has a big connection to New York.   So, let's see if this is a hint and lead I need to keep following. If not, I throw that clue away.

Vocabulary and Research...
* Cannonball is round shot ammunition for a cannon. By analogy, cannonball is also the name or nickname of: A diving technique in swimming; unlike competitive diving techniques, however, its purpose is to maximize, rather than minimize, splash on water entry.
- Erwin G. "Cannon Ball" Baker, (1882-1960), man who traveled across the USA several times, and in whose honor, the Cannonball Baker Sea-To-Shining-Sea.
-And my personal favorite!- CANNONBALL "TRANSFORMERS", the Decepticon space pirate in the Transformers toy line.
-Galileo's Cannonball", the first episode of Legends of the Hidden Temple. Legends of the Hidden Temple was a physical challenge game show for kids aired on Nickelodeon.


I'm telling you, things/people aren't what we think they are. They are not what they seem! They have to go back!
They have been back!
They probably will go back again!
Maybe, they never really leave!!

Do-Over! Loop! The "Island" will do whatever 'it' takes to bring them back!


Love to all who are "LOST"™

Disclaimer: I never claim to know everything about the show and my thoughts by no means make me right! The things I share here are my views and/or opinions. I don't claim to catch every single detail either! You all know I hate spoilers! And I stand clear of reading certain sites as to not take me off my own course of research. The one thing I don't need to do here is rehash all of the obvious clues from an episode, we all know what they are. Understood? Good! Let the fun begin! I'll only note things that I know come up as clues later, but need to be noted when they first show up and things I find that will be of importance! It will get very exciting as we progress into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.