Labels



December 31, 2009

Connect Four

PLEASE NOTE the following notes were posted on MySpace Feb 8, 2008.

Let's talk about LOST!   Connect Four.

THIS IS NOT MY USUAL DETAILED EPISODE POST. I WILL DETAIL THIS EPISODE IN ORDER OF ALL EPISODES.

I have not re-watched to detail this episode yet. These are a few things that stuck out to me and things we need to think about. I'll build upon them with my upcoming research.

Here are just some quick thoughts on 4-2 Confirmed Dead.

I'm excited that clues I've pointed out in this little blog have begun to show their points. A few are plates, under, underwater, faked, etc… I'm sure the clues will continue on with the rest of our story!

* The discovery of an Oceanic plane deep underwater in the Sunda Trench off Bali.
* There are dead bodies on board this crashed/sunken plane.
* This wreck is claimed to be Oceanic flight 815.
* Two ROV's were sent down under the water while on a quest to find the Black Rock.
* The boat this little crew sailed on is called The Christian 1. This information was witnessed in this episode, but was also learned the last day of the ARG Find815.
* The 888-548-0034 number was given out during the game as well.

In this episode, we're introduced to 4 people:
  • Daniel Faraday of Essex Mass.
  • Miles from California.
  • Charlotte in Tunisia.
  • Frank the pilot appeared to be in the Bahamas or some island environment.

Daniel: He has a very peculiar personality and I noticed a bit of odd behavior.

In one of the ARG's, 'The LOST Experience', we learned about savants being used for certain study and contributions to working study/projects.  I can't help but wonder if it's with Daniel that we start getting that information/connection.  Maybe he was able to figure something out.  Of course I'm not sure. We'll just have to take this info and see how it plays out.
I note that when Daniel is on the SAT phone, whomever he's talking to doesn't want to be on speaker phone. Let the secrets continue!

Miles: Doesn't want anyone to know his last name. WOW! Why? Who is he related to? He "can" 'communicate' with the dead and he charges a customer $200 for his services.   By the way the room he worked in had imagery connecting to the "Island".

Charlotte: She is in Tunisia for a dig that reveals Dharma Polar Bear and its collar. She's not surprised! She apparently has to read the same headline in many different languages.  The psychic's daughter in Australia had a daughter named Charlotte too.

C.S. Lewis connection…I guess we're in Narnia! lol

Frank Lapidus: An Oceanic airline pilot turned beach bum? WTF? He says he was supposed to pilot that flight.   He also says the image on the TV of the 'dead' pilot isn't Seth Norris.  His clue-no wedding ring. I did note on top of his old TV he has a replica helicopter, 2004 map and Activities brochure, dolphin cruise.  Frank says he studied the manifest.

I noted in another blog post that in the EXPOSE script, the cast list showed a Rick Lapidus. So Frank does indeed have a connection to everything!

Naomi: Has a meeting with Abaddon in a vacant office space. He has files and pictures of the 4 recruits.  Naomi is troubled that these 4 hold no qualifications to be involved in a high risk, covert operation in unstable territory. So, why would these 4 be recruited for such a 'job'?  Because they have to be!  Naomi comments about running into the survivors.  Abaddon emphatically tells her there are no survivors! I guess if you repeat a lie over and over it will become believable!

Ben: Is he really a member of society in the "outside world"?  Ben claims to have someone on her boat.  So with Intel like that wouldn't Ben have known they were coming all along?  Besides, who is this person he mentions?  Why are they looking for Ben? Could Ben have a twin/replica? I'm just asking!!

The 4 new arrivals to the "Island" have a picture of what appears to be Ben, circa late 70's early 80's. But when Naomi arrived she had a picture of Desmond; That's who she said she was looking for.

Ben shoots Charlotte; who is wearing a bullet proof vest.  Ben is wearing a vest in the picture they have of him.   In EXPOSE Howard makes reference to bullet proof vest to Nikki.

Daniel comments on the "lighting" {Light scattering} being different on the "Island".

Juliet- a "native".  Hehehe. Who else? Wink, wink!

Why do the 4 have gas masks? Another purge perhaps?

Vincent.

Locke comments that Ben shot him. The bullet went in one side and came out the other. If he had a kidney he'd be dead.

The helicopter people bail out due to the copter going down; Yet Frank lands it.

Mirrors.

Cow. Moo! 

Waking up. 

Things being faked. Tricks. Manipulated, etc.

The number on the helicopter N842M

We still have imagery "off Island" that connects to the "Island".

I LOVE a good Star Wars reference! Wooohooo!

If we use the 'Connect 4' metaphor, could it be about connecting these four new arrivals to the rest of the 'Islanders'; Or four more pawns in the chess game?


The whole finding the "Island" thing: Okay, the incident when the sky turns purple seems to be the turning point for many things.  If the "Island" and surrounding area is hidden by a 'dome effect' covering of magnetic energy, the incident disrupted the 'covering effect' long enough for the "Island" to be detected.  But if the "Island" is covered by this magnetic field, maybe that's the exact reason 'time' is an issue there.  Couldn't that magnetic power/properties cause 'time' to just run very, very slow there or is it time is totally irrelevant there, except for a countdown timer?


So there's Locke asking Ben questions…about the Smoke Monster. HA!!!

Two very, very important things to note here is -To see how things have shifted on the "Island". Ben's people are gone and are most likely at the temple.  But Jack has his people in hiding, armed, ready to defend!   Also, Ben now knows that Hurley as well as Locke can see Jacob/cabin! HOLY SHIT!


Well Losties, without me digging deep and detailing yet, I hope I gave you enough clues and info to get started.
I've said all along, people aren't who we think they are. A few in more way than one! Things are not what they seem.

Love to all who are "LOST"™


Posted on MySpace Feb 8, 2008



Disclaimer: I never claim to know everything about the show and my thoughts by no means make me right! The things I share here are my views and/or opinions. I don't claim to catch every single detail either! You all know I hate spoilers! And I stand clear of reading certain sites as to not take me off my own course of research. The one thing I don't need to do here is rehash all of the obvious clues from an episode, we all know what they are. Understood? Good! Let the fun begin! I'll only note things that I know come up as clues later, but need to be noted when they first show up and things I find that will be of importance! It will get very exciting as we progress into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments at Karen's LOST Notebook are being moderated. Any abusive comments or spam will be removed.